History of the Boxer Club of Western New York
Our Club was formed in 1949 or 1950. Our first show was held in 1951.
Prominent past members are:
- Charles and Jimmie Hyde (Hydalis). They were both very active in the club and both served as ABC Delegates.
- John "Bob" Cook (Hunts Corners) got into Boxers in 1949. He was active in the club until his death in 1981. He was also ABC Delegate and President of the Niagara Falls Kennel Club. He also served as President of our club for many years.
- Melvin Miller (Mel Mil) was a member for 25 years. He volunteered for any task that needed to be done. He also held the office of President.
- Jim & Ruth Ferry (Vonaire) were charter members.
- Jane Moog (Heritage) was a member until recently. She served as ABC Delegate. She was also on the ABC Board of Directors. She gave much of her time and was involved in all the club's activities.
- Mrs. Stella Cook and Mrs June Miller have both been recognized for their contribution to our club as unfailing workers with the status of life members
- Horst and Deitlind Winter (Wincaster) were active in the club for many years. They had much success in the showring and the whelping box, breeding champions and producing sires and dams of merit. Horst also served as President of our Club.
- Tex and Betty Levy- past members of the club who worked very hard to keep club activities interesting. They owned and finished Ch. Hunt Corners' Music Major.
- Paul and Debbie Lisinski (Nastinan) got their start in boxers in 1978. Paul served as President of the club for many years and helped in club activities until his passing in 1991. Debbie got bit with the show bug and finished her first champion Am/Can Ch Huffand's Nice N Spice owner-handled to a Group 1 finish. She continues that original breeding program as Deborah Marshall (Nastinan) finishing multiple champions. She served as ABC Delegate and Secretary of the club for over 10 years.
- Mrs Nancy Teubner (Liberty) guided the club through some difficult years as President of the club. Her efforts and dedication to the club have been unfailing, especially playing an integral part in organizing boxer rescue in the WNY area. She is our acting President for 2000.
- Mrs. Nancy Wainwright (Hi-Hat) worked diligently as past president of our club. Club activities and public education were highlighted during her terms. She remains active in the showring and supports the club, even though she resides in New Haven, WV
- Ms Cindy Sutliff served as past president of our club until her move to Richmond VA in 1998. She remains active in the club by working with the trophy committee.
Other Active members are:
- Mrs Sally Bass has shown her love for the breed by helping with boxer rescue and club activities. She has been a member since 1980.
- Mrs. Lynda Maywalt (Maylane) has helped organize club activities. She has served as Vice President of our club and is our current Treasurer.
- Michael Hockley (Eastport) our only canadian member. He has served as Board of Director for our club and is actively showing and breeding.
- Dr Christine Schweizer DVM, has shared her knowledge with the club by running a club program on Boxer Cardiomyopathy.
Chris will have the honor of judging her first puppy sweepstakes at our Specialty in Feburary 2000.